Let me start out by saying, I am not a journalist, nor do I ever aspire to be! I am just a girl who loves a good memory or two, and what better place than a blog, to record my many memories! So... please bear with me, my writing, and my attempt to capture a new culture into words. Oh... and in true Dora the Explorer fashion, I will throw in a few Spanish words along the way ( :
As I embark upon this grandiose adventure for four months, I can’t help but think of all of the people back home who I would like to share my adventure with! Although I know that I will not always feel like sitting down and writing the happenings of my day, my goal is to update this blog at least once a week throughout my time in Spain with stories, travel experiences, pictures, and observations. (I am sure it will be somewhat refreshing to take a break from the foreign language for which I will be immersed in 24/7, and write something in English!). I will begin my journey on Aug. 30th, when I arrive in Sevilla, Spain (all you KC’ers, it is KC’s “sister city!”) around 10:30 a.m where I will be greeted with abrazos y besos (hugs and kisses) by my extended family. I will then be spending a week with “mi familia” (my step-grandfather’s brother, his wife, and his four children) to celebrate the wedding of one of my step-cousins. The program which I am studying with, CEA, begins its orientation on September 5th, when I will move into my “casa” (a home owned by a local who comes in and cooks for students living in the home). I start classes on Sept. 12th.
I know that with this amazing opportunity will also come some stress, uncertainty, and homesickness; however I feel that by keeping a blog such as this, I am able to stay better connected to all of you at home! (Not to mention modern technology- thank goodness for the iPhone : ) !!!) I hope by reading this you have an occasional giggle, gasp at a beautiful photo, or maybe are able to relate to a situation or story. Regardless of the amount of times you check it, or what you think about it, I want to thank you for reading this and for being a part of my journey!
Here marks my first submission to what will hopefully form into a great keepsake from my once in a lifetime EspaƱa experience!
Con Amor (With love!)
Catalina
Adios!!!!
I'm so excited about your blog!! FIRST POST!!! WOOHOO!!
ReplyDelete- Mack
Yey Catieeee!!!! <3
ReplyDeleteMake sure to post fun pictures!! :D
Hi Catie - Love reading your first two entries! I'm going to have R & MA read your blog also so they will know about your first hand observations of Spanish culture. What a special way to kick off your trip with a family wedding!! Thinking of you! :) Mary Lee
ReplyDelete